Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What Next?

As summer unfolds I find myself not wanting to do much of anything. Of course the fact that I have not had a vacation in a year may have something to do with it. Even though I am on vacation I have so much work to do I am spending time each day on email and other work related activities such as attending a full day workshop yesterday (my choice). So much for vacation. However, I did sit in the park on Monday and read an entire non-work related book. Then I  played nine holes of golf and went out to dinner afterwards. Today I helped my son move and will go out to dinner with my husband later on. Although I spent hours on email I do feel a little more relaxed today and hopefully each day I will feel more energized and less overwhelmed. Catching up on work items is actually helping my mood. Earlier in the year I had plans for doing a number of large projects on the house this summer. At this time I think normal maintenance is all I am up for. Tomorrow I am going to add exercise to my agenda. I know exercise is helpful in the re-energizing process so I am going out for a long walk with my ipod and reflect on what I can change to reduce my stress level in the future.

In addition I started putting together an album of sample stitches that I will use when completing the first step of the EGA Master Craftsman program in canvas work. Once I do the twenty samples I will be able to sit down with the design I have to stitch and develop the stitching guide. I hope to be able to complete this while on vacation this week and next. Currently, I  am stitching a needle point design titled Spring Flower Garden. I have about 10 more hours to go on it so I hope to get it done by Sunday. Then I will move on to my next project which is completing Teresa Wentzler's Story Teller. I am both looking forward to it and dreading it a bit.I just have to remember that one stitch at a time will get the job done.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment