Thursday, August 5, 2021

Starting to Post Again

 It has been quite a while since I have recorded my needlework journey on this page. I have been busy starting more projects than I finished over the last couple of years resulting in the 40 WIPs you see listed in the right hand border. The number of WIPs has become overwhelming to me so I made the choice to join the No New Starts 2021 Facebook Group at the beginning of this year. So far, except for a project that was part of an EGA Mid-Eastern Region class, that was postponed from 2020 to May of 2021 I have started no new projects this year.  Focusing all my stitiching on my WIPs has resulted in my finishing 5 projects so far this year. One of my most recent finishes is The Winter is Past by BBD.  I stitched it 2 over 2 on 36 count linen by Picture This Plus in the Tycho colorway  and the called for floss.  My plan is to continue this No New Starts Journey for the remainder of 2021 and perhaps through 2022.  I look forward to seeing how many projects I can complete this year using this focused approach. 


2 comments:

  1. How good to read from you again! That's quite a collection of WIPs you accumulated - good luck whittling that down. I'm looking forward to seeing all your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Winter is Past is such a beautiful sampler. I have also stitched this one and it hangs across from my stitching spot so I can look at it every day.

    ReplyDelete