Thursday, April 17, 2014

April Wipocalyse

Since the my last Wipocalypse report in March I have worked on three projects.

April 16, 2014
1. I worked on a panel on my 2006 Mirabilia RR. I am stitching a section of the "The Kiss". Here is my progress since March.
March 16, 2014








2. I finished Morning Glories. This is a drawn thread project done on 24 count linen with DMC pearl cotton. 



3. I started a new project called Autumn Woods. It is a 3.5" X 5.5" design from Golden Kite. It is a conversion of a painting to cross stitch. Because of that there is a lot of confetti. I have wanted to do a project like this for a long time so I decided to pick one of their mini projects and complete 15 stitches a day. Using this technique in combination with the parking thread technique is working quite well. I see progress everyday without being frustrated by the confetti and blended threads. I should finish this by fall of 2015. 

Organizing my stash is an ongoing joy! I love to organize!
I do have the luxury of having an extra bedroom that I share with my children's stuff. I have a craft table and I use the closet to store and organize all my stash for knitting, needlework and sewing. Here is my craft table where I have all my all my cross stitch and needlepoint patterns stored on the top shelf as well as two binders that hold any partially used skeins of DMC floss on stitchbows. The sewing machine can be pulled out when needed . I have a basket with all my knitting needles, tubes of Aida, and small craft items. There is a shelf that the TV, basket and sewing machine sit on. Below it I have cases for my needles, metallic threads, bobbins sewing thread and sewing notions.

My Craft Table
On the inside of the closet door I have clear hooks where I hang all my non-DMC threads.

 In the closet I store all my reference books, all my WIPs and finished projects in project bags on the shelf. My extra DMC organized by number in clear plastic bins below, My sewing basket, and three plastic bins that store kitted projects, supplies for finishing, fabric, yarn, stretcher frames and  Qsnaps. There are also supplies and tools from my attempt at quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment