Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year

I always feel like the brand new year brings a fresh start in many ways. New years day is a great day to be peaceful and reflect about the year we have completed as well as  how and what we want to change for the new year we are beginning. For my stitching I plan to

  • improve my stitching technique
  • learn new  stitches
  • finish stitching at least half my WIPs 
  • end the year with no more WIPs than I started the year with
  • learn how to do professional quality finishing
  • stitch projects from my stash  (except for the ANG class I already committed to) 
  • buy additional supplies only if needed to stitch projects in my stash
  • stitch everyday because it brings me great joy and peace 


I celebrated the new year by spending the first day of the year watching movies on Netflix and stitching. I focused my stitching on two projects: First I worked on stitching a Bell Pull Sampler I designed to commemorate a Cross Stitch Retreat where I taught a class on specialty stitches. The sampler incorporates all the stitches I taught and was given to the students so they could practice the stitches and create their own needlework piece to commemorate the retreat.


I also wanted to have a new start for the year. In December I was introduced to a  designer I had not heard of before, Amy Mitten. She designs a variety or reproduction samplers and her own line of hand dyed silk threads in authentic colors. The design I ordered as a Christmas present to myself is called "With the Same MO #2".  To celebrate the beginning of the new year I put in the first row of stitches.   

The sampler will look like this when it is done: 

May  2016 bring resolutions to any outstanding issues you have in you life as well as peace of mind, health, well being, joy, laughter, love, and anything else your heart desires. 



2 comments:

  1. Great goals for the year, and great stitching on the first day of it :) The bellpul sampler looks great, I really should work more on my speciality stitches as well :D

    ReplyDelete