Friday, September 3, 2010

My New Tool

Last Sunday I purchased an Elan Lap Stand by Artisan Design. I have looked at a number of different designs and liked this one best.  It is pictured here with my ANG Stitch of the Month Project. If you want more information directly from the manufacturer you can look here.

The Elan is not only portable but will hold up to 30" frames. It can be easily carried in your stitching bag as it can be folded down to 15" x 6" x 2.5".  This is also the first time I have been able to stitch two handed. I believe as I get better at it my stitching speed will improve. The ability to have both hands free is amazing. In addition, while I don't have a problem with the weight of the stretcher bars or Q-Snaps for an hour or two I may be able to stitch for longer periods of time by using the stand to hold my work. I can also attach my chart holder without having to worry about the additional weight that it adds.   I have been hesitant to spend the money on a lap stand but this one is  well worth the expense. It is not only well constructed but easy to set up and use. If you have never tried a stand you should see if a friend or your LNS has one you  could try.

No comments:

Post a Comment