Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflection 2009

I reread my post of January 1, 2008 and I will repeat some of it here in order to remind myself of the importance of reflection in my life. As this is the first day of the year what better time to recommit myself to the practice of internal reflection than today. Many of us spend a great deal of time looking at our external reflection so we can evaluate our physical appearance. But how much more important it is to look inside yourself and reflect on what you have done with your life so far; to decide whether you are happy with what you have done or need to do some things differently. Today is a good day to look at your actions and accomplishments for the past year and determine what you would have done differently and then make your plans for the new year.

Although I reflect often on my life I am not good at recording my reflections or the events of my life. Therefore it is sometimes difficult to evaluate my growth and progress. So here I am at the beginning of another year pledging once again to use this blog on a regular basis. Hard-copy journals don't work for me but I would love to leave my children something of my inner self for their future reading. Also my husband thinks I am a mystery because he doesn't often understand my motivations. I think they are perfectly clear and my children understand better than DH because each of them is like me in some way. DH and I are opposite in personality but we share the same family and moral values. We love each other deeply and I believe we balance each other giving us a rich and happy marriage but my reflections here might help my DH to understand me better.

During 2009 I will work on my fitness so I can stay healthy and therefore continue to live life to the fullest; enjoying my family, my work, and my hobbies.


Happy New Year to all my online friends and may 2009 bring you peace, health, happiness and prosperity.

No comments:

Post a Comment