Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Getting To Know your Needleworker Tag


It's been a long time since I've posted here. Life is busy for all of us and we need to make time for those things that are important. It comes down to priorities and I was focused on other things. I saw an article posted on Facebook today which said it is easier to put in a 100% effort than 99%  because when you give a task focused and consistent effort it results in an accomplishment versus agonizing about not getting it done. Here is a toast to finishing this tag.  

Question 7 - What is my favorite TV show?
 I tend to love hospital dramas best but my favorite show is "This is Us". I love the premise of the show and its ability to focus on many of the important social questions of the day. 

Question 8 - What is my favorite book? 

This is a very tough question since I like to read. I read fiction predominantly. I read a wide range of genres but I like mysteries best. I recently read The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (AKA J.K Rowling) and I intend to read the rest of the series.  I am reading one now  called The Girl Before by J.P. Delaney and it is very intriguing so far. The answer to a  question like this should be about a book that had a great impact on me. Most of what I read has little lasting impact. It is purely entertainment. A book that had impact would be Malcom Gladwell's "Outliers". This book looks at the parameters that generate success. Often it is not what we think. You walk away from this book understanding that timing in combination with hard work and circumstance work together to generate success. Malcom Gladwell is a great storyteller in the non- fiction category. His books illuminate and enlighten us.  

Question 9 - What is your favorite music? 
This is also difficult in that I love all kinds of music but if you put my feet to the fire to select a certain type over all others it would be classical in the era of Beethoven, Mozart, and Handel. My son's second grade teacher use to call this brain music and play it for her class while they worked on their reading and math. I play classical music in my office while I work and also when I stitch. It relaxes me and helps me to focus and concentrate on what I am doing. As much as I love classical I also love Motown, Yanni's music, and my newest favorite is the soundtrack to Hamilton. 

Question 10 - What one word best describes you. 
No one is one dimensional but one word that could be used to describe me throughout my life is persistent. What ever I put my mind to accomplish I persist no matter how difficult the task. I find it interesting that of all the words that describe aspects of me that this is the one I choose to best represent who I am. I think it would be more telling to ask others to pick a single word that describes you to understand what others see as your strongest traits. I wonder how many of us would pick a negative word to describe ourselves? While we might not others might. So while I believe persistence to be my biggest strength my biggest weakness is procrastination. 

If you take time to give more than a superficial answer to these questions it does reveal a lot about you. 

Have a wonderful day doing what you love. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read from you again...interesting answers. I have yet to watch "This is us", but I think it's not yet on Netflix here...and "The Cuckoo's Calling" is on my to-read list for 2018!

    ReplyDelete