Sunday, August 8, 2010

Approaching the finish line... and a new beginning.


On December 26, 2008 I started the third design in Chatelaine' s Mini Mandala. I worked on it a bit and then put it aside. This past spring I picked it up again and I have been working on it on and off with the intention of getting finished this year so I can have it framed.  Yesterday I finished the cross stitching on the piece. This is what it looks like now. I have the back stitching and beading left to do. I hope to get that done this week.
I also started the pre-work for a Gay Ann Rodgers class called Echos of Elizabeth through Shining Needle. The finished project looks like this>>>>




The pre-work is all the nun stitch borders. My pictures were so poor I have not posted them but I have completed the first row of nun stitching on 4 of the 6 sections. We have to do 2 rows of nun stitching on all six sections so I am about a third of the way through with the prep work.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mini Mandala is lookign wonderful! I've got these and should really get around to stitching them... as they were a gift!

    Urgh that's a lot of Nun-stitch!

    Any chance we might see you at Ann's retreat next weekend?

    ReplyDelete